Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 24, 2010

Last minute Thanksgiving bow

It's almost time for turkey!!
I decided that my little pumpkin needed  a finishing touch to go with her turkey shirt for tomorrow. 
(Pictures to follow of the shirt. I promise to do pictures pre-turkey!)

Any who, I decided to make a cute bow to go with her shirt. I have seen many tutorials around about covered snap-hair clips. I have had all the materials sitting around and just haven't gotten around to it yet been being lazy.

But here's the finished project:



Sorry for the cruddy pictures. I tried my best to fix the flash :(
But the bow turned out really well and I'm excited to see it with her shirt tomorrow. Want to make one?

Here's what you'll need:
ribbon: enough to make 3 loops
felt
clip
button
embroidery thread and needle

Step 1: Decide how large you want your loops to be. Use your first loop's cut as a guide for your other 2 pieces so that each one is about the same length.


 Step 2: Turn each of your ribbons into a loop and anchor them in the middle by sewing a small 'x' using your embroidery thread and needle.
This is what you should have so far:



Step 3: Stack your three loops, arrange them how you would like them to look, and stitch together.



Step 4: On your felt lay out your hair clip, trace 2 shapes, and cut them out. It might be easier to double your fabric so that the shapes are as similar as possible. Decide on a top and bottom piece. On your bottom piece you need to lay out your hair clip, decided where the bottom is going to stick through, and cut a slit for it to slip through.



Step 5: Take the top piece of felt, your flower, and your button. Layer them and sew together. Then stack your top and bottom pieces together and blanket stitch all the way around. Tie off as tiny as possible to finish your thread.




Voila!




Pretty simple! Please let me know if any of that was confusing and you still have questions. I wish I had better pictures but that's what I get for having a point and shoot camera and taking pictures at night.

But at least I had an adorable helper:




I know. I'm smitten too!

I hope that everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving tomorrow!! We are headed to my in-laws to delight in a ton of yummy foods and wonderful family :) I can't wait!


I'm linking up here at Someday Crafts for Whatever Wednesday!
Here too :
giveaways
I love linky parties!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie pie! The bow is adorable, too! Thanks for linking up and I hope your Thanksgiving was as great as mine!

    ReplyDelete