Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I hope that everyone had a fantastic day today! I know that I decked out head-to-toe in green. My entire class at school did the same. It was great!!! I wanted to share with ya'll my  newest and cutest creations!

Remember this book:


Well, I finally got a chance to make something from it. Yay!!! I was so excited to be able to make one of the kanzashi flowers. My first attempt didn't come out very equal all the way around. My second one came out so much better! The directions in the book are fantastic and easy to understand!

Anyways, drum roll please.......ta da!!!!
Can you believe that it's just 8 small squares that are folded just the right way? I have an idea in mind for a skirt with clusters of these flowers for my little munchkin. (Who is going to be 3 months tomorrow!!! Where does the time go!?!?)

My second project that I worked on this weekend is a whole new thing for me. I am very very VERY proud of myself because I have never attempted such a thing before. What is it that has me so excited you ask? Well, I have two words for you: hand. applique.


This was big for me. But I think it turned out really really great! Take a looksie!
I used my Cuttle bug that my husband got me for Christmas to make the shapes and then used a blanket stitch to attach them to the onesie. I really like the close-up that you can see below:



I started with a square of my fabric with interfacing already adhered to the back. Then I cut out the shape and appliqued it on. After I washed it, I was really happy to see the gentle fraying that took place.(Hopefully you can see that wonderful and gentle fraying in the picture above.)

So, what have you been working on lately? Leave a comment and tell me what you think, what you've been working on, or send me a message! I'd love to feature some of your work too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment