Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 26, 2012

What's so special about the 101st day? (with a freebie!)

Here's my newest post over at Teaching with Grace: Come over and check out the new place if you haven't already!

Everyone celebrates the 100th day of school, right? Well, lower grades do anyways! At our school, we also do the 101st day of school. It's so much fun to have activities about 101 dalmations! We had a blast! I do not claim any of these ideas as my own! I got all of these great ideas from a fellow team teacher who was kind enough to share them with me :) She has been a huge blessing this year!




We had several centers during about an hour block of time. The big hit was Origami dogs! The students used the directions on the manila paper. If you want to make your own, it's fairly easy. First, trace an attribute block (square). Then, cut it out and fold it in half to create a triangle. After that, fold down the two opposite tips to create ears. Finally, draw a face and decorate!



I also used a foldable (love those!!) to show the students step by step how to draw a dog. After that, they could try and free hand the dogs on a larger sheet of paper.



Last, but not least, I had to include a writing prompt. This one simply says," If I had 101 Dalmations, I would...." If you would like it (in all of it's D'Nelian greatness) just check it out right here! (My link will take you right to the Google Document!)



Have a blessed day,

No comments:

Post a Comment