Image courtesy of Amazon.com
I really enjoyed this book! I always think it's really helpful to be able to see exactly how others introduce a topic. So it was wonderful to be able to read an almost scripted lesson for how the Sisters introduce the different components of the Daily 5. I'm really excited about introducing this into Kindergarten since I am way more familiar with a workshop set-up from teaching 3rd grade.
Now... onto my other reading! These are books that I am reading bits and pieces of here and there. I've read certain chapters in some of them, every word in others, and just looked up topics in a couple of them.
So, what's in my stack (sorry for the blurry/shiney photo!)? Well, from top to bottom:
- The Art of Teaching Reading by Lucy Calkins
- Kindergarten Literacy: Matching Assessment and Instruction in Kindergarten by Anne McGill-Franzen
- The Literate Kindergarten by Susan L.Kempton
- Guided Reading by Fountas and Pinnell
- Spaces and Places by Debbie Diller
- Classroom Routines That Really Work for PreK and Kindergarten by Kathleen Hayes and Renee Creange
- Reading with Meaning by Debbie Miller
- Talking, Drawing, Writing: Lessons for Our Youngest Writers by Martha Horn and Mary Ellen Giacobbe
I know, I know... what about my summer vacation? I promise that I am enjoying my vacation while I do a bit of professional learning too! Kinder is going to be a completely different world compared to 3rd. I just want to be prepared! So, what are you reading this summer?
Have a blessed day,