Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 22, 2011

A B C..... 1 2 3

Another great idea that I've been seeing a lot of is different learning tools that are made out of popsicle sticks or paint stirrers. Since we will be using more small-group settings for next year's reading groups, I decided to use popsicle sticks for this next craft. I might still make a larger set.

Here is what I made (again it only took about 5 minutes):


I used the wider popsicle/craft sticks and scrapbook students. I simply placed one sticker on each stick. I did have to "fix" a couple of letters so that my sprouts in the fall will be able to easily recognize and learn the letters. For example, with this set of stickers I had to add a top and bottom to the I. Also a top and more of a curve to the J (I hadn't done it yet in this picture :) ). Now my little sprouts will be able to use them to hunt out letters while they read sight words or the perfect match books. These would work great at home for preschoolers too!

Todays Creative Blog



Have a blessed day,

No comments:

Post a Comment