Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 13, 2011

Sensation Sunday: Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous

Good afternoon fellow crafters!
It's been a couple of weeks since I did a Sensation Sunday post. But I have a special one for you this week!
Way back when I was getting to know the craft blog-o-sphere I encountered this amazing blog of Linda's. If any of you have also been to Craftaholics Anonymous you know what I'm talking about. She's amazing! In my own opinion, she's even more amazing because she now does everything craft-astic with not one but two kids in tow. I took a chanceon asking her if she'd do an interview with me and she said yes!

Here is what she had to say:

Q:  Do you remember how old you were when you first started crafting?

A: I'm not really sure how old I was, but I was pretty young when my mom let me loose on her sewing machine to "sew" paper!

Q: Do you remember your first project? What was it?

A: I don't know if it was my first project, but when I was 8, I was in a sewing 4-H club. I sewed a little dress with matching top.

Q: Do you have a favorite type of crafting?

A: Hmmm that's tough! Honestly I love all types of crafts- sewing, scrapbooking, quilting, mod podge, etc.As long as I can create, I'm a happy girl!

Q: What is your number one piece of advice to new crafters?
A: If it doesn't turn out perfect, that's ok! Some of my best crafts have resulted from crafts gone wrong. For example: my t-shirt pom poms that I made recently were not what I had originally planned. I had ordered ribbon to make Valentine pom poms with, but I bought the wrong width of ribbon. I was very flustered and disappointed because I had really wanted to make pom poms with the 40+ yards of ribbon I had bought. After my ribbon pom pom was a failure, I happened to look over and see some t-shirts I was taking to the thrift store and realized they were the exact colors of the ribbon I bought. I then got the idea to try and upcycle the t-shirts into pom poms and it worked! And those pom poms have been my most popular project to date. So even if your projects don't turn out perfect, they may inspire you to make something even better!

Q: How do you manage your crafting time/ me time now that you are a mom of two?

A: Great question! I am continually working on balancing everything, especially with a new baby. I'm still trying to figure it out! But one thing that has helped me a lot is to prioritize what I need to get done each day, set daily goals, and then hope for the best! :)

Isn't it cool to get an inside look at a master crafter? I love her advice about how to craft with two kids. Definitely something that I need to work on in the future! I hope that everyone heads on over to her site and takes some time to explore all of her fabulous projects. Below are some of my favorites:


Adorable White Burlap Wreath- Perfect for Christmas or Valentine's Day




hair bows

She even has amazing guest posters. Look at this awesome bow holder tutorial!

Head on over to Linda's site and see if you can get inspired as well!

Have a blessed day,

1 comment: