Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 3, 2010

Best sewing ever!

I'm really excited about this project that I almost have done. This project comes from the wonderful creators of Sew Liberated. If you haven't ventured there before, I strongly encourage you to at least go and look around. They have a fantastic book, Sew Liberated, (go figure, right?) and you can also purchase additional patterns on-line.

My new project is the tunic that they feature.... loooooove it!





I adore this tunic and as soon as I had ordered it I began looking for the perfect fabric to go with it. The first fabric I bought to use for this pattern was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! See:



The picture doesn't really do justice to the amazing colors in the patterns. Unfortunately, I was about 1/2 yard short and wasn't able to find another bolt of this fabric. Isn't that how it normally goes? So I went on another search and found the fabric that I ended up using:





I think it looks somewhat similar to the fabric that Sew Liberated used. What do ya'll think? Here is the tunic (minus hemming and casing the sleeves):
I think I love it!

What do you think?

Hubby made the comment that a bolder fabric would look better.

Any who.... hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday! I'll be posting more Christmas ideas soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment