Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 30, 2010

Continuing with the inspiration...

So, I spent the day today visiting with my dad by taking my wonderful family to a local pumpkin farm. We had a ton of fun! It was really great to do all the hay rides, petting zoo, and pig races...
yep. 
pig races. 
I'll post pictures soon!

Anyways, I thought I'd continue helping you with some Christmas inspiration. Now, for me, the most difficult presents to find are the ones for my sister-in-laws... well, them and my brother-in-laws. But I'm still stuck on my BILs, while I at least have a clue for my SILs.

Here are some ideas:

Sweet Little Smoothie has this adorable framed monogram done in a whole new media : buttons!



Sweet Little Smoothie
I love this for one of my sister-in-laws in particular because she loves to decorate her house. She currently has a very blank wall above her couch that I think this would be perfect for!

Just Make It has these really cute baskets that I think would be perfect to hold my (very unimaginative) back-up plan of Bath and Body Works:
Just Make It
One Pearl Button has an adorable tutorial on how to turn a tea towel into an apron! It's simple, straightforward, and would be great for several of my sister-in-laws (2 of the 3). I could create them so cute that they might even cook! 
One Pearl Button
Last but not least, if you're go-to, back-up plan (like me) is always Bath and Body Works or Yankee Candle, maybe you could try this next one. It could still help your loved one relax but has a bit more personalized feel to it.

Sew Mama Sew
Sew Mama Sew has a whole category on Christmas ideas from years past. This is one of those hundreds of ideas. I remember when rice heat therapy bags hit the scene (so to speak) back in the 90's. I had one and thought they were wonderful! Definitely better than cherry pits because I'm not sure where you buy just the pits... I know where to buy rice!

Any who....


So, I'm not sure how my quilting and piecing would make this look, so I might alter it just a bit and use full pieces. But still, it's a very nice gift that could be homemade somewhat simply out of some scraps that you have in your fabric bucket.

I hope this helps out some of ya'll! Please feel free to share any of your own ideas if you have come across anything that you are using for a gift this year.

Remember, the sooner you start the better!
If I keep telling myself this, I'll get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment