Okay.. a drumroll please..... here is what has me so psyched!
I know that I have seen them on several different blogs but I forget which ones to give credit to. (Sorry ladies!) However I will tell you the insanely simple steps to make these.
** My goal this year is to get organized with my tutorials so that I have pictures of each step!**
1) Find the middle of your tea towel.
2) Then (using your sewing machine) sew straight across the middle using the longest stitch on your machine. Pull one string to gather when you are done sewing.
3) Find the middle of your potholder. Line up the two middles (potholder middle and tea towel middle). Pin together. Sew across using your sewing machine.
4) Fold the potholder up so that the two edges meet. Using your thread and needle sew the button onto the front of the pot holder so that the "holder loop" will slip over it.
5) Hang up on your oven door and do a happy dance!!
Easy peasy right? I am adding these to my "Make for Christmas 2010" list. I've seen some gorgeous ones out there on the web. Keep your eyes open the next time you are at the dollar store! I just looooooove the cute vintage-y ones I found to make these!