Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 12, 2011

Key Lime Cake.... yum!

A couple of years ago, at a grade level get together, a fellow teacher made Key Lime Cake and it was so scrumptious! I recently saw several different versions and though I'd give it a try. Here is my attempt at the cake:




But, I'm sure you're thinking.. "It's just a white cake... where's the key lime?" Wait for it..... just wait....this is what it looks like UNDER the frosting....


Yep, there's the key lime part! Yummy, yummy, and yuuuuuuuuummy ! This cake is delicious! I'm pretty proud of that icing too. It was my first attempt at real, homemade cream cheese frosting. It's pretty yummy too ( if I do say so myself ;) ).

Would you like to make this cake too? You're in luck because here's the recipe!

 Easy Key Lime Cake
(by Kathie Martin... a lady at my mom's church!)

1 box lemon cake mix
1 small box lime Jello
1 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Key Lime Juice (NOT lime juice)
4 large eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease either a 13 by 9 pan or two 9" cake pans.
Mix all the ingredients together, mixing for 2 minutes. (I didn't do it this long and it still turned out great!)
Pour into pan and bake 35-40 mins for the 13 by 9 or 28-30 mins for the 9" pans.

If you want to ice it with the cream cheese frosting, mix the following together:
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened) and 1/2 cup butter (softened)
Cream those two together then add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Mix.
Slowly add 2 cups of sifted confectioners sugar.

Frost your cake!

I hope everyone enjoy's their yummy, yummy cake as well!

Todays Creative Blog


Have a blessed day,

1 comment: