Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 19, 2011

Babies galore!

This post probably isn't what you think it's going to be ;) My little girl has discovered how much she loves, loves, looooves her baby dolls! The other day she decided her babies needed a blanket... so she toddled into the kitchen and found what she though would be suitable....a tea towel!!


I decided that that would just not do. So, off to my sewing machine I went! My mom had purchased a whole bunch of Strawberry Shortcake fabric when my niece was born but never got around to making anything with it... so I took advantage when my little pumpkin was born! The fabric I picked was about a yard so it was perfect to make two baby blankets... which is exactly what I am used it for.




I measured the fabric, cut it in half, and folded it right sides together. After pinning it together, I simply sewed around the edges and left an open section of about 2-3 inches to be able to turn it. Once I turned it, I pinned it again so that it wouldn't move and I top-stitched all the way around. Now the babies have a proper cover:



Doesn't she look so much happier? One of my next projects is going to be a super hero cape for my son. Right now he uses a Black and Decker play vest tucked into the neck of his shirt.... silly but creative!!



Have a blessed day,

No comments:

Post a Comment