Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 4, 2010

Little boy cooks are the best!

Now that my son is 2 1/2, he really likes to help in the kitchen when Daddy or Mommy are cooking or baking. So, yesterday I was going to make a pineapple upside down cake (yummy, yummy) and I thought he would like to help. He was such a great help!!!!!

I started out trying to get him to just "help" .... he was not much for pretend though!

So I released a little bit of control (very hard for a teacher and mommy to do) and let him help me put the eggs in one at a time.

All 3 of the eggs...

He realized that we were adding pineapple to the pan..

So I naturally helped him to learn the fine art of sampling while baking!

He definitely learned that lesson very well! He had to continue sampling the cherries!

In the end he even got to stay up (way past his bed time) to try out his creation!
Yummy, yummy!

What sweet treats have you been making lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment